I hope that you and your family are doing well and staying healthy at this time!
I know times are a little uncertain at the moment, and this can mean different things for everyone – maybe you’re working from home, or you are laid off, or are now a full time home school teacher on top of being a parent. Or possibly you are one of the amazing front line workers that are still working to keep our country going – and for that THANK YOU!!
This new normal definitely puts a lot of added stress on everyone. During times like these we need to make sure that we are there to support one another, in some way as everyone is struggling. I just wanted you to know that I am here for you, if there’s anything you need. You are not alone, if there’s anything I can do at all to help alleviate some stress, please reach out.
I have also attached some resources and links below that might be helpful and of interest to you and FREE to use! Please feel free to pass these along to anyone you know that might not be aware of these, or may be struggling.
- Support for Families: This was not a benefit that had a lot of public notoriety but on April 6, the Ontario government announced the new Support for Families initiative to support parents while Ontario schools and child care centres remain closed, which offers a one-time payment of $200 per child 0-12 years of age, and $250 for those 0-21 with special needs. There is no income cap for this program and you can apply by clicking here: https://www.ontario.ca/page/get-support-families
- Many of the federal government funded programs have been advertised widely and all have been available to apply for as of this past week. For complete information on the federal programs available through the Co-vid pandemic, please CLICK HERE.
- The CERB – Many of you may be out of work, or if you have had to cease working will be eligible for the CERB and you can check out how to apply by clicking here. You should apply for CERB whether or not you are eligible for Employment Insurance, by going to your “My account” with CRA or click here for easy access.
- Financial Literacy FREE course for kids / teens provided by Enriched Academy – Click here to register
Fun For the Kids & FREE….
- CLICK Here: There’s only so many walks you can take. Click here for Ideas to make walks fun!!
- CLICK Here: Virtual Tour of 12 Famous Museums
- CLICK Here: Virtual Field trips of Zoos, Aquariums, etc.
- CLICK Here: Free learn at home resources from Scholastic
For the Family:
- Family Focus on Fun – With most of us spending time indoors, now is a great time to spend it together as a family. Check out these fun ideas for creating experiences while getting closer as a family by clicking here.
- Happiness course CLICK Here: Yale University offers Free class on Happiness
For Real Estate….
It can be a little scary to check the markets right now, wouldn’t you agree? But before you start to stress, I want to encourage you to take a step back. Now more than ever, it’s important to cut through the noise and seek out wisdom from industry experts whose research explains exactly what is going on with our economy. Check out the attached fact sheet by clicking here — in an exclusive interview real estate leader Brian Buffini spoke with Dr. Lawrence Yun, Chief Economist and Senior Vice President of Research at the National Association of REALTORS®, to separate market fact from fiction during these unusual times. The state of the market is constantly changing, but I hope this gives you some peace-of-mind as you navigate it. This too shall pass.
At times like these, when there’s a lot we can’t control, let’s try to focus on what we do have power over – our outlook.
Stay positive. Stay safe, and stay home!
If you’re considering a move, or purchasing a home in the Guelph area, let’s chat! You can reach me at 519-824-9050 ext. 235, email me, or contact me with your info below.
CONNECT WITH FRANCES:
Frances Snider is a Guelph based real estate agent that is committed to providing ongoing value & service to her clients. She focuses on nurturing lifelong relationships built on a foundation of experience, market knowledge and trust.