February 23 2023 – Happy Snow Day
Snow days can be a wonderful opportunity to enjoy some time off and have fun in the snow. Whether you’re a child or an adult, there are plenty of activities to enjoy during a snowy day.
Here are the top 10 things to do on a snow day in Guelph:
- Build a snowman: Gather up some snow and create your very own snowman. Get creative and add accessories like a hat, scarf, and carrot nose.
- Go tobogganing / sledding: This is a classic winter activity that people of all ages can enjoy. Find a nearby hill and slide down it on a sled, toboggan, tube, or even a trash can lid.
- Make snow angels: Lie down on your back in the snow and move your arms and legs back and forth to create a beautiful snow angel. This is a great activity for kids and adults alike.
- Build a snow fort: If you’re feeling ambitious, try building an snow fort. This can be a fun challenge and a great way to stay warm and busy on a snowy day.
- Have a snowball fight: Gather some friends or family members and have a friendly snowball fight. Just make sure everyone is wearing warm clothes and no one is throwing ice or rocks.
- Go for a walk or do some winter birdwatching: Bundle up and head outside for a snowy winter walk or to see what kinds of birds are still around during the winter. You may be surprised at what you see!
- Go ice skating: If there’s a nearby ice rink, strap on some skates and glide around on the ice. It’s a great way to get some exercise and enjoy the winter scenery.
- Have a hot chocolate party: After spending some time in the cold, warm up with a hot chocolate party. Invite friends and family members over and serve up some delicious hot chocolate with marshmallows and whipped cream.
- Make snow cones: If you’re feeling adventurous, try making your own snow cones by gathering up some clean snow and adding some flavoured syrup.
- Have a cozy movie day: Sometimes it’s best to just stay inside and stay cozy on a snow day. Snuggle up with some blankets, make some popcorn, and watch some of your favourite movies.
There are plenty of ways to have fun on a snow day. Whether you prefer to stay inside or venture out into the snow, there’s something for everyone.
So embrace the winter weather and enjoy your day off!