Moving can be very exciting, but it can also be very stressful as there are so many things to remember to do! Here are my top 10 moving hacks to prepare for your move and hopefully make your moving day go a little easier.
- Can’t find moving boxes anywhere? Use laundry baskets, trash bins, and suitcases as boxes.
- Label the sides of boxes so you can read the labels even when the boxes are stacked.
- In lieu of bubble wrap, protect your dishes and fragile items with clothing and linens.
- While your clothes are still hanging in the closet, put them inside a trash bag to make unpacking simpler.
- To ensure you are moving as little as you actually need to remember all those pantry items and stuff in the fridge! For the 2-3 weeks leading up to your move, plan your meals around whatever frozen food, perishable items, or half open containers that you have around the kitchen. You can also donate your non- perishable items.
- To keep toiletries from leaking during transit, put a piece of plastic wrap over the opening, then screw on the cap.
- Snap a picture of the back of your TV and other electronic devices. That way, you know exactly which wires go where when you’re setting up in the new place!
- As you dissemble furniture, keep all screws and hardware in a plastic bag. Label the bag and tape it to the furniture itself, or designate a separate box with hardware for all your furniture.
- Use rubber bands to keep pots and lids together.
- Fill up pots and pans with spices containers, dish towels, and other kitchen items to save space.
For more tips, or a helpful moving checklist, click here.
If you’re considering a move or would like more helpful tips or advice, contact me via email, or call me at 519-824-9050 ext. 235. I would be happy to help!
CONNECT WITH FRANCES:
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE HERE on YOUTUBE
One thought on “Top Ten Tips when Preparing for your Move”